Thursday, January 29, 2004

The Overtime, Oh, the Overtime!
My Current Mood: The current mood of crimsondove at www.imood.com

I have been putting in 11 hour days for the past two nights trying to get caught up, and it's finally paying off. My desk looks a lot more under control, and it's obvious that when I have time alone in the office, I get more accomplished. I don't like not being home with my family, but this will enable me to go home with an eased mind in knowing that I have, literally, done all I can during the day. I have processed about 4 days of work in 2 1/2 days. Not bad! And the overtime doesn't hurt, either.

I am enjoying the new diet regimen, too. I am eating breakfast again, which is something I haven't done in a while. It's a gradual process, but it's working. Lindi has been such a sport, and Lorene and my sister are so encouraging to me. I feel lighter, if that makes any sense, but I am not weighing myself yet because I don't want to be discouraged. I will in February when we officially start, but I know this jumpstart has given me an advantage, in that I am not as hard on myself if I slip up - it's only practice, after all!

I have officially sold 101 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. I think Jessie will be thrilled, since her goal was only 100, and my totals don't include what she's already sold on her own. I should have been a den leader or something.

I am trying to do a lot of self talk when it comes to people who interact with my daughter on a personal level, and realize that not everyone thinks things all the way through.

I have a beef with people who share secrets with her, things that could effect her mental health and physical welfare, and then DON'T share this information with me or Lindi, leaving us clueless as to some of the things going on in her life. Since we are the ones ultimately responsible for her well being, I would appreciate it if these adults would let us in on what's going on. We all know that kids don't tell their parents everything, but when something like sex, drugs, etc is the topic of conversation, you damn well better be telling us what is going on if you have any information. Failure to do so leaves us in the dark, and ends up harming Sarah in the long run. Failure to do so questions your role not only in her life, but in mine as well. If you love her, tell her parents, so we can act in her best interests. If you don't tell us, consider your place in our lives questionable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home