Monday, March 15, 2004

Getting the Cut On...


I have long hair. To the middle of my back. My Wifey likes it that way, long and curly. But I think I am gonna cut it all off.

I am going to a participating salon to donate my hair to Locks of Love at the inspiration of Danielle. These are the people who take donated human hair and make hairpieces for financially disadvantaged children facing long-term illness-related hairloss. Some of these pictures just make you want to cry. Cancer victims. Burn victims.

I feel great about it. I feel... inspired. Yeah, a great reason to get my hair cut. It took me 4 years to grow it out, and now I know why I was inspired to do it in the first place. Plus, I'll get a sassy, short hairstyle.

I'm going to have Lindi take pictures of the process and post them on my blog. I am also going to give my mother (cancer survivor) a set of these pictures - this can be an early Mother's Day gift to her. It will make her cry. I like making my mother cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home