Monday, January 03, 2005

Letters Home


Hi, I hope every thing goes well [with my surgery]. I look forward to hearing from you. I'm trying to send you a few photos let me know if you get them.

Take care, Scott.

PS: [About my unit] Around 150 men, No women (I wish), I haven't ran in to him [my cousin Robbie].

......…......
Happy New Year!!!!

What’s going on? How are you feeling? Any good new years parties?

The Iraqis [in the picture] help with some of their rockets. No one got hurt.

Thank you for the box and the pictures. I liked the high lights. I gave a lot of the candy to the other guys in my section and some to the kids in the towns we visit.

There are 4 guys in my team: 1Lt. Allen, Sgt. Scown, and PFC. Pantone. I think sometimes they keep me sane.

Well, take care and I hope to hear from you soon. Scott


It made my morning to find out that Scott received his package so quickly, just in time to ring in the New Year. It makes me so grateful for people like him, serving our country and representing us in such a fine way. I have a picture in my head of Scott in his uniform passing out candy to Iraqi children. It brings tears to my eyes. Then I hear about rockets and bombs and mess halls being blown up and I can’t imagine what they are living with.

So, it looks like I have a team of four gentlemen to take care of during their tour. That’s okay by me! For Valentines, each of them will get a care package inside a big care package. I have heard they enjoy baby wipes because they can clean their faces and hands without water – plus they are portable. So I will send five packs of wipes, deodorant, lotion, sunscreen, lip balm and antibacterial hand gels. And of course, letters to the other men in his team thanking them for keeping my Scottie safe and sane. I will have to get it together by the end of the month to make sure it gets to my boys by Valentines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home