Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tuesday Meme

What I was doing ten years ago

Let's see, summer of 1995, I was working for the Law Enforcement Academy, had started to date women and I think I had met my first wife, Grace. I was almost 23, I remember thinking that 23 was so old and what the hell was I going to do with the rest of my life.

What I was doing five years ago

2000, 27 years old, my favorite year. I was working for the Larry Miller group, married to Grace, and for some reason, this was a good year for me. I had survived a surgery (gallbladder) and persistant migraines and was raring to go!

What I was doing one year ago

Hmmm... Lindi and I had been married almost a year and we had celebrated her 35th birthday. While I was a mere 31.

Yesterday

Took a pee test for eBay, went to work, had lunch with Scott, went back to work, faked working, went home, made zucchini brownies, ate dinner, watched half of a movie and 3 episodes of Trauma: Life in the ER and went to bed, woke up to our swamp cooler on fire... yeah it was a joyful evening.

5 snacks I enjoy

  • chips and salsa
  • granola
  • buttery popcorn
  • fruit (nectarines and pears are my favorite)
  • M&M's

5 songs I know all the words to

  • "Michael" by Antigone Rising
  • "Uninvited" Alanis Morissette
  • "Scarecrow" Melissa Etheridge
  • "There Is No Arizona" by Jamie O'Neil 
  • "There You Are" by Martina McBride (actually performed and recorded this song as a Valentine's Gift for Lindi in 2003)

5 things I would do with $100 million 

  • Send Tubbs to College for as long as she wanted to go
  • Purchase houses for my parents, Lindi's parents, Us, and all our siblings.
  • Live in Italy, Spain and Greece for one year each.
  • Start a business - gay wedding consulting
  • DONATE a lot to charity.

5 locations I would like to run away to

  • Italy
  • Spain
  • Belize
  • Alaska (again)
  • Anywhere with Lindi on a road trip!

5 bad habits I have

  • smoking (ugh)
  • short attention span on days I don't want to work
  • procrastination
  • setting rules for myself, then letting myself cheat
  • starting fights

5 things I like doing

  • napping. Not sleeping, napping. There is a distinct difference.
  • baking
  • exploring small shops
  • watching movies
  • blogging

5 things I would never wear

  • flared jeans
  • platforms
  • tube top
  • Santa suit
  • Mascot uniform

5 TV shows I like

  • the L word
  • ER 
  • CSI
  • Dave Chappelle
  • Law and Order - all of 'em

5 biggest joys of the moment

  • start of a new career
  • improving health
  • the pan of zucchini brownies sitting next to me at work right now
  • being able to goof off at work and not worry about being fired
  • happy that we survived the CO2 fest from last nights fire

5 favorite toys
(not sure I should really answer this question. I am a lesbian, after all...)

  • my crocheting
  • my computer
  • The Sims 2/CSI for Xbox/Outlaw Volleyball
  • Mr. Potato Head 
  • the plethora of cat toys in my house

Now I'm tagging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home