Friday, May 23, 2003

And Now I Am Convinced...


that the universe comes back to you tenfold.

A friend spilled her heart to me on Monday, filled with pain and a little lost as to what to do in her life. A family member was ill, school was not going well, and her roses were being eaten by aphids. You can't tell me it's not a bad d ay when your roses are being eaten by aphids.

So, on the way home, I stopped off, bought a beautiful red geranium, some aphid killer, and a squishy card and left it on her doorstep, ready and beautiful for when she came home. Promptly at 7:15, she called me crying, saying "I don't know what I did to deserve a friend like you, but I am glad I did it!"

Me, too.

So, on Tuesday, the universe rewarded me with roses, Cummings chocolates, lunch AND jewelry from Lindi, along with a a new perspective of our relationship.

It been a hard couple of weeks, I've been dealing with a lot of emotions that could make or break my pending marriage. Luckily for me, however, I've had some great conversations and perspectives form those in and out of the circle. It has lead to an understanding of what I need, from myself, and from others in my life.

I am really happy with how things are going, I only wish my work would get better. I keep praying for the cloud to lift, or for me to get fired for the unemployment. Oh, I know that's a horrible thing to wish for, but I could use the vacation. But, as Lorene has told me, my mantra is wedding and house, wedding and house... there are some things worth fighting for.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS TO LINDI who got a 30% bonus at work. She is so much happier at her new astore, and the management/owners are seeing what an impact she made at her old store now that she's gone. She made them "look so good" and without her, they are falling to pieces. I think they regret not promoting her with the last manager position now. I am proud of her!

I can't say how thrilled and excited I am to see everyone on Saturday. I am really looking forward to it, and so is Ms. Sarah. Lordie, she can't stop talking about it. I think she's in love with Jennifer, Dee and Lorene... which is understandable *wink*.

But today, I am fighting a headache, stomachache and sciatica, so I am gonna do my best to make the day a tolerable one. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home