Thursday, December 04, 2003

My Butt Hurts!


My father’s surgery went off great, and he is very happy with the results. He is going to have his other eye done next week, he is really excited for the new view on the world. His color perceptions are completely changing, which I think is great – he’s seeing colors he hasn’t seen in years. My Mom says his eyes even look a little brighter!

After we dropped Dad off back home, got him settled, ate lunch with them, we went Christmas Shopping! After about 2 ½ hours, we are DONE with the exception of Lindi’ step daughter and a few odds and ends to complete the package. We even were able to finish our 3 Angel’s stockings!

Somewhere around the 2 hour mark, my back started aching and suddenly, my leg gave out, with shooting pain from my lower back down to my toes. Sciatic. Great. I actually had to sit down in the middle of the aisle of the store for 20 minutes until I felt I could walk again. All night I was in complete pain, pain which I had to take Lortab for. Lindi was an angel, taking care of me every step of the way.

Then, to come into work today and find Lorene had the SAME problem on Wednesday. (Sometimes, I really hate being cosmically linked to my friends!) She was able to find relief at a Chiropractor, which I have never been too, much out of fear.

So, tonight, I had my first adjustment. I had three discs out in my neck, one in my middle back and two in my very lower back, causing the sciatica. He adjusted me, alright, and it was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced, but I knew it would be. It will get easier as we go on. If I consider my back has never been adjusted, and my lower spine has probably NEVER been in alignment since I carry and extra vertebrae in my lower spine, I guess I came off pretty easy. I have a muscle-relaxer on board now, and it helps a great deal. Lindi and Sarah are taking extra good care of me! Lorene was a great help to me… I wouldn’t have gone if she wasn’t there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home