Friday, February 13, 2004

Friday Five
My Current Mood: The current mood of crimsondove at www.imood.com


1. Are you superstitious? I tend to be quite superstitious about trivial things. Spilled salt, ladders, cracks in the sidewalk... most, with the notable exception of black cats. Love them.

2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition? Luckily, no one I know of has done anything crazy.

3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition? I personally like the whole blessing yourself/blessing an aircraft before you take off. I have done this for years, I usually say a small prayer, cross myself for protection, kiss my fingers, then press them to the outside metal of the plane door as I am walking in. I also cross myself in thanks as I exit the plane. I met a lady a while ago who kisses the plane itself with bright red lipstick... she said, "if the lipstick is there when I get off the plane, I know it was a good flight!"

4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual? You know, I have had many lucky items in the past, but I think I've grown out of that phase. Except when I got married. I carried my treasured Rosary from the Vatican... which also goes with me when I travel.

5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not? Ab-so-freakin-lutely! I don't base my entire life on it, but the power of astrology can not be denied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home