Thursday, July 29, 2004

Faith Restored

Faith Restored


Speechless

The last couple of days the blogging world has showed me how close we really all are. How in some way or another we are all connected. Its amazing really.

I have gotten almost 40 donations equaling over $800.00, nearly $100.00 worth of Amazon gift certificates, offers to send my kids gifts, trackbacks galore, posts by bloggers I dont even know asking for help for me and over 400 emails from well wishers willing to help a fellow human being who just happened to lose her way briefly from as close as the next town over from me to as far off as Israel, Sweden, France and Australia. I am stunned, humbled and speechless to say the least.

Never did I expect this. Not even a fraction of this. I thought maybe someone somewhere would reach under their sofa cushions and find a couple bucks and send them my way. I have been in tears for two days and my stomache has been in knots. Not from being lost or hopeless but from being overwhelmed with the kindness you all have showed me and my kids. I feel a weight lifted off of my shoulders for the first time in many weeks. I cant tell you off hand how I will use the money or gift certificates. I will guarantee, however, that it goes to good use. My monthly bills will now be paid on time thanks to you all. I can give my daughter a wonderful birthday thanks to your donations and the gifts some of you have offered to send her. I can even treat my kids to ice cream off the Good Humor ice cream truck when it comes around. You all have done so much that words cannot express what I am feeling. With each email wishing me luck, to ones asking if they can send gifts, to notifications of donations you all have truly made me realize how kind people like myself do still exist. If the rolls were reversed and it was any of you in need I would be the first digging thru my kids clothes and toys to send things to your children. If you needed money and I had it you'd be the first to get it.

You all are amazing. I dont want to play favorites but Genuine went above and beyond just a friend asking for help for another friend. Because of him I can sleep a little more comfortably tonight. I am eternally grateful to you, Genuine and to all of you.

I have been absolutely overwhelmed with your emails (I love them but they were so unexpected. I am trying my hardest to get back to you all quickly) that you have to please forgive me if I havent gotten back to you to answer your questions or to thank you for your donations and/or well wishes. I will. I promise.

With that said I need to get some very needed sleep. I was up until 6 a.m. yesterday morning (believe it or not) answering all of your emails. Its now damn near 3 a.m. and I am still working on answering you all. I dont mind, trust me, but I am much more useful to you all with some sleep in me.

I will post a more personal thank you to you all tomorrow. I was going to wait the extra day to get caught up and then post but I really did want to get out here now and let you all know how much I appreciate everything you are doing. As Genuine said on his blog earlier (forgive me if I dont get it word for word) I am not out of the woods yet but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you all for everything you have said, done, sent or will send. You are all truly amazing people. For the first time in a very, very long time I dont feel so alone.

I will never forget any of your kindness towards my kids and myself. Never.

Posted by Ro at July 29, 2004 02:36 AM


Simply AMAZING...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home