Monday, January 03, 2005

Do I Have to go to Work?

I got up early today. I am glad I did since my car conked out on me about half a mile from a gas station… it went from having gas to nothing and then just died. Plus, I had Sarah in the car and it was on a four lane street with no pull out - and I was to blocking a lane. I pushed the car for a half a block and then I simply couldn’t push anymore. Lindi came to my rescue (she was faster than AAA) and now I have to get my car in to check the gas gauge. Yay. But I was only 10 minutes late for work, so that’s good. My head is killing me and my leg is in pain, but I had to try. As my friend Michelle says, “Stupid, Stupid shit!” Yeah, but what ya gonna do?

I am getting excited for my surgery this Friday. Excited and scared at the same time. I have paperwork all finished, arrangements are made. Then we find out Sarah needs to have her wisdom teeth out asap, so we were able to schedule it for Thursday afternoon. Great, Lindi has two sickies at home.

And if that wasn’t enough, our sister in law, due to deliver Lindi’s first niece, may have to induce on Friday. Poor Lindi is going to freak out. I’ll be in one hospital, Beth will be in another and Sarah will be crashing on someone’s couch somewhere doped up and swollen like a chipmunk.

So, I will be pushing for 2 nights in the hospital. It seems like the best course of action. IV pain meds will simply be the highlight. I hope Beth delivers sooner, I would like to hold the child within the first 6 weeks of her life.

Did I mention I don’t want to be here today? Lorene tells me I am here to entertain her. I am so happy I am fulfilling my destiny! *wink*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home