Monday, June 20, 2005

So Much to Blog

So little time.

I guess I should start with a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister Denise on the 18th. We celebrated her 40th birthday with a huge summer BBQ at our place, and we had a ball. We served cheeseburgers, hotdogs, drumsticks,all sorts of salads like cole slaw, pasta, tuna, fruit of every kind, chips, brown sugar baked beans, oriental noodle salad, not to mention a HUGE chocolate chip cookie and birthday cake.

There was laughing and water sports. A great time was had by all.

The beer flowed, the singing got louder, the cops were called (only once), and there were people still in our living room at 3am (two who slept on the floor). Oh, yes, we had a party.

Father's Day was spent with my family worshipping the Dad with a plethora of presents, including (as weird as it sounds) two cemetary plots in the Veterans section of the cemetary. I know that sounds weird, but we didn't want to wait until after he was dead to honor his sacrifice for his country - we wanted him to know how proud of him we are. It was very moving for us all.

Tonight, we are visiting with Lindi's dad and grandfather and have dinner. I am so tired from this weekend I need to take a nap before we go. Argh.

I'm up for a promotion, and interviewed for it today. I feel really good about it, and I am hoping to at least make it to second interviews. I will kepp y'all posted.

Have a great Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home