Friday, July 15, 2005

Sorry

I've been a slack-ass. Summer's here and with it comes tons of things that need to be done - especially the Class Reunion. It starts tonight and I am looking forward to it, although a little apprehensive. At least I will be there with my family and enjoying a baseball game, so that will be fun.

Lindi and I have spent the last week recording music from 1988, 1989 and 1990. What a trip! Running down the road of nostalgia...

In other news, I'm in the Deseret News today. They chopped the hell out of my letter to the editor, but it was in nonetheless. Apparently, some wise ass thinks I am getting Domestic-Partner benefits. Yeah, they are benefits if youc an afford $600 a month to pay Cobra-like premiums. Pah-lese.

Partners still lack benefits
I was disheartened to hear that the County Council voted down domestic-partner benefits in its session on July 12. I applaud council members Wilson and Hatch for being brave and fair and supporting all their constituents.
I was surprised to hear that people are under the impression that the University of Utah has domestic-partner benefits. While the U. has opened its enrollment to domestic partners for their medical plans, full benefits are far from reality here at the U.
I am grateful the university has taken a first step in at least offering domestic partners the option of paying for health coverage, even if it is in excess of $600 per month, but I could go to any benefits broker and get the same deal. Offering enrollment is not the same as offering real benefits.

I'm waiting for the knock on my office door from the VP telling me to pack my crap and leave.

I wrote a beautiful paragraph about the 'gay-friendliness' of the U. only to have the DN editor slice my letter to shreds.

Bastard. I guess I shouldn't expect too much from them. They are Mormons, after all. (JUST A JOKE! Sheesh....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home