Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ugh...

Today was the first day back at work after taking the last four days to get myself well. The cold came back, in all it’s glory, on Thursday, My lungs felt heavy and they hurt when I would breathe. I just wanted to die. I toughed it out on Friday and luckily had Saturday off because I had traded a shift earlier in the week. After calling in Sunday, I had Monday and Tuesday off to fully recover.

So, here I am, not feeling 100%, but alive.

Well, they finally finished the gym here and it’s really nice. I’ve started my daily work outs. Now, I know what everyone is going to say – you should only exercise three times a week. Since I have been so inactive for so long, I have decided to work out at lunch and after work everyday. For me – 20 minutes on the treadmill is a workout. When I went in at lunch and started walking for the first time, my body wasn’t really sure about it, so I only went slow – but I still walked a quarter of a mile – and it felt good! I am going to start out with the treadmill and one of the guys at work is going to show me how to use the free weights for my upper body. I hope to try the elliptical soon.

And I’ve begun to “diet” without the diet. Just paying more attention to what I eat and how much water I drink. I have three half liter bottles of water on my desk and my goal is to drink all of them by the time I leave for work. This is in addition to any coffee, milk or soda I drink. Lindi is getting me a case of Dasani from her work to keep at the house.

Me – workin’ out. Whodathunkit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home