Thursday, November 01, 2007

Wonderful Halloween!

Lindi and I really had a beautiful Halloween. I was able to rush home from work with a perfect Pumpkin, carved it and placed our candles outside on our porch. It was really beautiful when we were done.
  • One candle was placed to the north, south, east and west, thanking the Guardians for their protection throughout the year
  • One candle surrounded by cat figurines thanking the animals here and passed for their companionship, love and protection
  • One candle for those we love who are just beyond the veil to join and mingle with us this night and ask for their protection against those who would do us harm
  • One candle for the Goddess, thanking her for the bounty of the year
  • One candle for friends, family, and strangers travelling during the evening that they do so in safety and harken them to our door for respite from the cold.
  • The Pumpkin in the middle

When we were finished, the neighbors thought we were having a seance until I explained to them what the candles meant.

We ended up having 3 times as many trick or treaters this year and it was really fun. Our cats hung out on the porch and enjoyed having all these people come and visit. I went outside and closed the evening by giving thanks once more and snuffing the candles. I slept very peacefully last night as I felt surrounded by the Love of the Universe and felt good in my decisions I've made recently.

I know I am where I am supposed to be.

Doesn't mean I don't feel the loss. But I know the loss is for what was, not for what it became which was toxic and hateful. I don't need that in my life - at any level.

I hope your Halloween was beautiful and wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home