Wednesday, May 01, 2002

Gracie's on the Way

Well, Gracie's at the airport now, so she will *hopefully* make it home tonight. She is exhausted, I am not sure HOW she is going to work tomorrow, but she is scheduled, so she probably will. Send her email and love to welcome her home.

Not sure how I did it, but I pulled the muscles in my right shoulder and back, and find it hard to do simple things, like roll over in bed, move my head to the left and sit in a chair. Hmmm... Soma and wine sound good, alas, I must go to work...

AVON did eventually make it to my house... at 7:30pm. But that's okay, at least it was all there. It is really frustrating when you try to ask the driver questions about your shipment, and his only response is "Okay." "So, am I at the beginning or the end of the delivery route?" "Okay." Well, then, thank you and I'll be seeing you in an English-as-a-second-language class coming soon to community ed.

Sorry to get on a tyraid, but if you are working in the public, holding a public job, in the United States, ONE of your languages should be English. When my Great-Grandfather came here from Greece, there wasn't the ACLU fighting for his rights to speak Greek and make everyone else speek Greek to accomodate him, he learned English. Period. I can see the benefits for us Americans to learn Spanish, as our country boarders Mexico, and French, because our country boarders_Canada, but, please, for the sake of all that is right, if you come here, where the majority of us speak English, LEARN IT! Or bring someone with you to work who does. I am all for retaining your individuality, but if you are working "for" me in any capacity, I would sure like to have a conversation with you.

Your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home