Monday, July 08, 2002

The Wisdom of a Monday



This has been one of the worse Mondays I can ever remember. Work sucked, personal life is just a former shadow of itself and I am generally feeling smashed into ground meat-substance. It is amazing how out of a day like today, you can learn a lot about yourself. This is what I learned:

1. When you expect to hear an "I Told You So", your friends show their true colors and say "I am sorry you're hurting, but I am proud of you." I have pretty amazing friends.

2. Jennifer makes a mean cheese tortellini and is wonderful to lean on and girl-talk with.

3. Dee dreads ticks and fleas... for obvious reasons.

4. There are some days that simply require a beer at the local club with a friend... and they are called MONDAYS!

5. When you very least expect it, the girl you don't think will call, does; and the girl you thought would, doesn't.

6. A granola bar and a Diet Coke Super Big Gulp does NOT constitute lunch.

7. Self-confidence is walking into a room with touselled hair, smeared makeup and knowing you are the prettiest girl there because of how someone makes you feel.

8. Big dogs like to be hugged.

9. Sometimes you can be happy for the friend who gets to take "the girl" out instead of you.

...and the biggest thing I learned today:

10. A Woman knows when to hold her ground and fight.

A Lady knows when to gracefully walk away.


I love you all, thank you for helping me get through today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home