Monday, February 17, 2003

An Amazing, Fantastic, Beautiful Valentine’s Day


Lindi and I had a great Valentines Day together. We started out with a romantic dinner at Macaroni Grill, with fantastic wine and delicious food, and the wait wasn’t too bad. We had planned on Red Lobster, but the place was packed, and Macaroni Grill is one of my very favorite places, so it worked out great. She had never been there before, and watching her discover their amazing food was quite a treat. We exchanged little Valentine’s presents and had a relaxing time together. We then picked Sarah up and I took them to Build-a-bear for their Valentine’s present – they made it and stuffed it and named it and we took them home! It was a blast!

I was exausted by the time we made it to her house, but I had one more present in store. She sat me down in the living room and gave me a personalized MP3 slideshow, complete with pictures of me (grown and as a child), her, Sarah, us together, random pictures of a kangaroo and an iguana (don’t ask), gorgeous pictures Lindi had taken of sunrises and sunsets.

The very last frame was a gorgeous sunrise photo with the words “Will You Marry Me?” across the bottom!! I was so stunned, I don’t quite remember what I said through my tears, but it was something similar to “Maybe…” She presented me with a spectacular quarter-carat Marquise diamond solitaire like the on e we saw in Park City. When I could finally talk, I did say yes, so no fear.

Saturday was spent ring shopping with Jennifer, crying on the phone with Lorene and being giddy with my sister. I told my parents, who aren’t thrilled, but are okay with it.

I AM GETTING MARRIED!!
IT’S OFFICIAL!!


Shane, break out the swatches and planning book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home