Friday, January 30, 2004

In the Home Stretch...
My Current Mood: The current mood of crimsondove at www.imood.com

I am working on the last batch of work for the month, and I can say that I am very relieved, and elated, that the mega-overtime is over. I stayed only 2 hours last night, and I am very caught up. So much so, in fact, that they asked me to go the the cashier's office at the hospital to help out there. Ah, it's good to be loved.

I have to say, I love my co-workers today, too.

I used to love Fridays because it was treat day. Two members of our team would bring breakfast treats for everyone: juice, chocolate milk, sweet rolls, something breakfast-ey. Since I decided on my new diet, I was completely dreading Fridays for fear of all the goopey, sickly sweet treats they would bring. On Thursday of last week, I told everyone about my new eating plan, and Friday, co-workers brought boiled eggs and whole wheat bread for toast and jam. I smiled at their thoughtfulness.

Today, they brought chicken salad, large romaine lettuce leaves, and potato rolls. I made lettuce wraps and everyone else made sandwiches. Perfect! Everyone can enjoy (and they did) and it made me feel very, very appreciated and respected. They kept asking, "Is this alright? Can you eat this?" It was a wonderful morning.

Last night was enjoyable, but I wish I could have gotten about 2 hours of my life back. Sarah is down with bronchitis, so we had dinner at home and watched Legally Blonde II. Oh my ever-loving god. Now don't get me wrong, I like Reese Witherspoon, but this movie was a complete waste of filming materials. Even with the cameo of Sally Field, I felt somehow... oddly... stupid after watching it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home