Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Erin Go Braugh!
My Current Mood: The current mood of crimsondove at www.imood.com


Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. Let me just wish you the happiest of days first.

I have just went through a very conflicted situation, and I am not sure what I am feeling.

I'll start off my stating my position. I am pro-choice. I have always been pro-choice.

Could I have an abortion? Probably not. Definitely not.

A friend of ours was pregnant with her third child, and didn't want it. Her husband didn't want it. It was not the right time. She was only about 2 weeks pregnant. I looked up information at the Planned Parenthood site for her about Medical Abortions, which, essentially, you take a certain combination of pills at certain times, and the uterus flushes out and the pregnancy is terminated. Lindi forwarded the information to her to discuss with her husband.

Now I know at two weeks, it's not a baby. It's a bunch of cells, incapable of feeling or knowledge. And it was a good decision, financially and emotionally. They clearly thought it out. They are mature and responsible adults, and she has obviously not done anything like this before.

Based on my information, she started the procedure yesterday. And it made me sad.

I want to have a baby so badly, and to see anyone give up that blessing, for whatever reason makes me sad. But, I am proud that we stood by her and gave her the information to make the best decision for her and her family.

I guess that's what character is built of - using integrity in a situation that you don't agree with. She wasn't asking for an opinion of abortion. She was asking for information. We gave her the information. That doesn't make me responsible for her use of that information.

Then why do I feel so guilty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home