Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Whehehehelll....
My Current Mood: The current mood of crimsondove at www.imood.com


Staff meeting was unproductive. Well, sorta. My boss kept using the term "credit balance problem" too many times, which had me worried, since they just gave the job to me. After the meeting, I pulled my supervisor aside and told her the progress I had made on the credit balances that were, literally, dumped on my desk last week - all 300k of them are logged on a spreadsheet that can be sorted by amount, insurance carrier, date - she could pick her point of attack - and track progress by the dollar amount. She blinked a couple of times and said, "Outstanding. That's just what we needed."

I also informed her that I would not be her credit balance bitch for the rest of the week, now that the organization is completed. I have too much other work that's falling behind. Blink. Blink. "That's good. You know the priorities."

I do? Since when? The priorities were never given to me, I created them myself.

Hmm... if I don't do this daily, then so-and-so can't do her job. If she can't do her job, then so-and-so gets backed up, too. Simple cause and effect, people. Not rocket surgery. Or brain science.

Last night was pretty uneventful. I went to court (more on that) and came home to find my wife at our neighbors/my wife's ex-wife's place just relaxing... in their PJ's. It made me laugh. Lindi had such a great day, she had to tell somebody, and they were home. We ended up having fajita's at their place and watching American Idol until Sarah got home.

Did I mention Sarah is turning 15 on March 20th? Dear Lord. She wants a cell phone.

Okay, okay, I'll tell you about court. But first, some background.

The building I work in has limited underground parking. So limited, there is a waiting list. When I was first hired, I obviously was not given a key to the parking garage. Across the street, they arranged for parking in a parking terrace, but the building refuses to allow us access to their elevators, and the walk to our designated level is SEVEN FLIGHTS. For the average human, that's not a big deal. For a woman with a herniated disc, bad bad BAD situation.

The only other option is around the building, which was fine, until they started putting up 2 hour parking signs. Shit. So, every 2 hours, I would move my car. Yee-freakin-haw.

This got old when I could barely walk. So I got a parking ticket. And another.

I had to see a hearing officer to make arrangements to pay $350.00 in parking tickets yesterday. Let me tell you, the DMV has nothing on these guys. I took the "number" to get in line and glanced at the wall to see "serving 03". I was 27. Dear Lord Almighty. And their chairs were odd, sort-of little-people chairs that made you feel like you were sitting on the ground, so I stood for the hour I waited. Now, keep in mind that this was at the end of the day, so I couldn't imagine how many people had already been there. Parking Nazi's must have been out lately. The officer was very nice though, and even bumped $100 off the total charges, and worked a payment plan with me.

No, I don't want to hear about it. Lindi did enough talking last night for everyone. But, my car won't be towed the next time I park on the street. That, to me, is comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home