Friday, April 09, 2004

Friday Five... kinda


Don't know what's going on with the Friday Five girl, but everyone needs a vacation. So I took an old Friday Five from her archive in 2002 around this time, and will answer them... pretending is so fun...

1. What are the first things that you do in the morning to start your day? Hit the snooze button about seven times. No, actually, I run to the bathroom to pee. *laugh*

2. What are the last things that you do at night before going to bed? Take a drink, check my alarm and kiss my honey good night.

3. What daily routine have you recently added to your day? Getting up early and walking to the bus stop. Grrrrr....

4. What routine do you wish you could get rid of? Getting up early and walking to the bus stop.

5. What's the one thing that makes you feel like something is missing if you don't do it some point within your day? If I haven't talked to Lindi at least once before starting work, through a text message, phone call, or morning kiss. It's just not right.

*`~..'***`~..'***`~..'***`~..'***`~..'***`~..'***`~..'***`~..'***`~..'***`~..'**

Last night turned out to be one of the very best nights I have ever had. Sarah was spending the night at Jan's, so Lindi and I had the whole evening to ourselves. She knew I was depressed, so she made sure to take good care of me and surround me with love all night. We went to my favorite Chinese Restaurant, The China Station, even though it was out of our way, and we ate slowly, sharing off each other's plates, and just... talking... about everything. We quizzed each other on our lives to see how much we knew and surprisingly, Lindi paid a lot of attention while we were dating because she knew most everything.

So, today is a better day. It's casual, so I get to wear my white Goddess t-shirt and jeans. Now, everyone in my unit is calling me Goddess. Geek File Boy simply HAD to say something, so he chimed in with, "We aren't supposed to wear shirts with names or logos on them". I turned to him and said, "This isn't a name, it's a fact." My unit bust a gut on that one. It's so easy to keep people entertained sometimes.

They let go one of the employees from my unit yesterday, so now I feel even more guilty about leaving them at the end of this month to take the promotion. Of course, they still haven't made the announcement, but I am hoping they do very soon. This waiting is killing me.

Good news, I finally got my paycheck - only two days late. There was some massive clearinghouse issue and about 2,400 credit unions did not receive their automatic downloads, therefore, my direct deposited paycheck was in limbo-land until today. Luckily, I didn't need it, I had money in my account and no pressing issues, so I was fine. I wanted to ask the credit union for interest, since it was my money and they had it, but I wasn't gonna be a beotch about it. I know, something new.

Over at Geoffrey's site, there was a post about books from our younger days that we want to read again. So, I post this question for today. What/which book(s) would you like to either read again or read for the first time, from the classics?

For me, it would be Moby Dick (never read - I know, I know) and A Tale of Two Cities. Didn't read that one either, but got an A on the book report. Don't ask.



Drink of the day: Diet Coke (of course)
CD on the Playa: Sarah McLaughlin Fallen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home