Wednesday, April 07, 2004

What Goes Around...


You all know how I believe in random acts of kindness. I do. They come back to you and bless all around you. Whatever you send out into the universe comes back.

On Saturday, while doing my errand running, I had gone to Home Depot to get some keys cut. Normally, I adore Home Depot, but this was a very busy morning, and all of the employees were running like crazy. I was standing in the aisle when a young man walked by, an employee, who was obviously going to break. I stopped him and asked if he could page someone to help me. With a smile, he said, “Oh, I can do that for you” and followed me over and cut the keys. He normally works in the lumber department, but he knew how, and everyone was busy. He was quick, efficient and I was out of there in minutes.

So, I called his General Manager and complimented him. His GM was ecstatic to hear the positive (sometimes there is too much negative going on) and promised the message would be relayed to his supervisor and put in his file. Excellent.

On my way home, dropping mail in the mailbox, I noticed a group of kids doing a car wash for donations. Okay, I am a sucker for kids, car washes, lemonade stands – whatever. I pulled over and asked them to wash my car. After giving them $5 for the job, I asked them who they were and what they were raising money for. They were students from an AP American History class, from Sarah’s school, and they were raising money for the trip. When I mentioned Sarah attended their school, they asked for her name, and then said, “Don’t worry, we’ll look after her.” (Yeah, they got a couple more dollars out of me after that, too.)

So, today, it was the universe’s chance to pay me back. Running late, I was hauling ass to the bus stop, and was still between stops when the bus came by. The driver saw me and pulled over anyway, in between his stops. Through the bus trip, I saw this driver help the disabled with such care and respect. He was awesome.

Yup, I called UTA to compliment him, as well. I know that these kinds of reports go directly to the supervisors and the drivers get perks like movie passes and things when they’ve done something great for their patrons. Stopping for me not only was kind, but it saved me a great headache, and I wasn’t late to work.

I hope the universe blesses you today!

Oh, by the way,
I GOT THE PROMOTION!
Shhhh… don’t tell anyone. It’s not been officially announced yet. *wink*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home