Friday, April 23, 2004

Short Timing It...


I know exactly how Maine felt the last week of his employment... slack slack slack... work a little.... slack slack slack... that's where I am at today.

I have noticed an interesting human trait when they lose one of their team members. They start to exile said member almost immediately, kind of disconnecting with them. This whole week, while being supportive of my promotion, I still get the weird, crawlin' up your back sensation of "get ooouutt... get ooouutt nnooooooww... we don't want you heeerree..." I soon expect to discover my team members are truly zombies... begin nightmares now.

All exept my Lovely Lorraine. She gave me a card today, letting me know she loves me and is happy I got the promotion and wishing me luck.

It's a duck. A duck in a bowling alley. Duck says, "Thuccess! Now, aren't you glad you took a quack at it?"

It made my day, in a week where I felt every single person stop investing any energy in me to continue our acquaintances and friendships.

The girl who I trained to take my place, Stacey, rocks the house. I have a feeling she and I will remain friends.

So, I am packing the cubie, moving things over, cleaning the p0rn off my computer... and I am sad and excited all at the same time. New door opening...

THANK YOU to all of the guest bloggers over the past 2 weeks. You have helped me tremendously. I love you all!

UPDATE: I was just invited out for drinks to celebrate my promotion. That made me happy. Alcohol always does.

Drink of the day: House Cafe, orange shot
CD on the Playa: Still Sarah...



The Dr. Phil Test


Take it here. Thanks, Tre' baby-grrl.

Your total score is 41
Interpretation of Results:
Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out.

Ohhh... how nice.


Also from my Tre'...

What do you Love?

chinese:: Return of Phoenix (Sesame Chicken), Sweet & Sour Chicken or Cashew Chicken, Beef & Brocolli and white rice.
messican:: Chile Verde and Cheese Enchiladas
italian:: a good marinara and fresh mozarella
german:: saurkraut, baby
chocolate:: Godiva dark chocolate orange truffles and dark chocolate raspberry truffles
gummy:: Orange
fruit:: Strawberry
egg (boiled, scrambled, etc):: over easy or poached
pizza topping:: I am not picky
comfort food:: Ben & Jerry's - flavor depends on mood
side dish:: funeral potatoes - it's a Utah thang.
green vegetable:: brocolli and spinach
non-green vegetable:: cauliflower
pasta shape:: penne or angel hair
guilty pleasure food:: brownies
lifesaver flavor:: orange
jolly rancher:: I will never eat another Jolly Rancher as long as I live. I used them in my College Vice Presidential campaign and can't even stand the smell of them.
gum:: Dentyne Ice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home