Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Dreams can be Beautiful


I am back in college, at my old campus, and as I walk on the snowy sidewalk, I notice I am having a more and more difficult time walking. I realize that my back is out and call my doctor to make an appointment for surgery. About that time, I run into Angelina Jolie with long dark hair (like in Beyond Borders) dressed as a typical college student, t-shirt and jeans. She asks how I am feeling and I tell her my back hurts pretty bad. She offers to take me home so I can get some rest. I agree, and she runs to her last class to grab her assignments.

I wander around some of the classrooms looking for her and after a while, I come across her and some angry white Republican men having an argument over something political. It ended with her saying something really profound that I can’t remember, but I remember being impressed. She grabs my hand and we walk out of the building holding hands.

We walk to her car and at this point I realize that she is my girlfriend or something like that because of the small talk and innuendo flying back and forth between us. We get to her car, which is an older 1970’s steel tank in bright blue. It reminded me of the old 1973 Ford LTD I used to have. We jumped in and I looked around, and it was all original interior and radio and everything. It was very cool.

We get to my apartment (which looks nothing like any apartment I’ve ever been in) and I think she’s just going to go home, but she invites herself in (like I was going to complain) and actually helped me undress and get in my sweats. Then it shifted from my needing surgery to already having had the surgery and she was taking care of me. We were laying in my bed, and I could barely move, and she was stroking my face and we were talking. It was very romantic. She even showed me all her tattoos. (big sigh)


And then the damn alarm went off. I hit the snooze and tried to get back there, but it was no use.

That is how I started my day, with Angelina in my head. That was wonderful. It is her birthday on Friday. Buy a cake. Celebrate.

Last night, Lindi’s parents came over and her father fixed Sarah’s closet door, and with all the leftover potato salad, we hosted an improptu dinner of hot dogs, potato salad, chips, baked beans and rice krispy treats – just the plain kind that Lindi had me make to go along with the peanut butter ones. I also packed up a “To Go” bag for my sister and brother-in-law that featured some of the potato salad, some of the homemade spaghetti and pot pie, two hotdogs with buns and rice krispy treats. My brother in law picked it up – he didn’t even have to get out of his truck – and he was so excited. He will have lunches for days on my food! The rest of the potato salad went home with Lindi’s parents, and they are newly converted fans to my cooking skills.

It was a pretty restful night. I can’t remember sleeping so soundly in a long time, plus I awoke without pain, which is always a good morning. And now I have Angelina bouncing around in my head. It’s gonna be a great day.

Looks like June is going to be a busy month, between water aerobics, dr’s appointments, volunteering at the Don’t Amend campaign and Pride Day, Lisa’s, Denise’s and Ray’s Birthday AND Father’s Day, I thank God everyday I have a day-planner. I would lose my ever lovin’ mind.

MUCH LOVE out to V, a friend who is going in for a thyroidectomy today. They are pretty sure it’s cancer, but with her amazing positive attitude, she will come through just fine. Postive thoughts and energy are being sent your way.

Drink of the day: Diet Coke
CD on the Playa: Josh Groban Closer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home