Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Let's Get Some Things Clear...


Dear Chicken Shit,

You have no guts. None whatsoever. You read my letter in the paper, and you immediately call my grandfather to “tattle” on me, and stick a knife square in the back of your brother – my father. You claim to be worried about your reputation and what people in Price are gonna think because your niece is a lesbian.

I have some news for you that you might not like to hear.

First of all, I don’t give a rats ass about the people in Price, Kanab, Salt Lake, Murray, Magna or anyone else in between. If I did, I wouldn’t have sent the letter to the Statewide newspaper in the first place.

Secondly, if you are so worried about your reputation, you might want to consider all the things you have done, and your children have done, over the years to truly tarnish our family’s reputation. Don’t point the finger at mine. My father worked 33 long years in a copper mine to put food on our table and clothes on our back, not because he was a lesser being, but because he has more integrity that you could ever imagine. My parents values stemmed around the family and not around money. The love of his children is pure love, based on his integrity and character, not on how much money is in his wallet. I am not so sure you can say the same about yours.

Everyone has skeletons in their closet. At least I had the balls to bring mine out for everyone to see in order to help people understand the situation as well as put a face with the struggle for gay rights. I am not ashamed or belittled by your indignation. Tell me you’ve ever put your name out there for public scrutiny in such a way and I would be surprised.

If you want to ball my life down to the simple fact that I am a lesbian, then you do not deserve to carry the same last name as my father.

I have served my church, my community, and the people of Utah in different capacities over the years; taught Sunday School, donated to charities too numerous to mention. I went to college and have succeeded in the employment world where others have failed. I have given of my time and person in volunteer activities for the Homeless Shelter, MS Society, Food Bank Humane Society and the Sioux Reservation. And I have done all of this with my family name. I have brought nothing but honor to it, and it is something I will continue to do.

Your name doesn’t impress me, nor does your businesses or your house or cars or trips. Your money cannot buy the one thing that my father, mother, sister and brother have contributed to this family – honor. Our family loves unconditionally, which is exactly as Christ taught us to. Maybe if you were as Orthodox as you claim to be, you might recognize that.

What bothers you more, that I married a woman or that I didn’t invite you to the wedding? Wonder why? After this little episode, the reason should be obvious.

Get off your little soapbox. The one person you are winning points with is yourself. I didn’t start a family war – you brought it on yourself. But if it’s a war you want, you little chicken shit, you got it. Bring it on.

You have a problem with me or my life, let me give you my phone number and you can call me. I am responsible for my own life, no one else. You didn’t even have the courage to talk with my father directly. What a man you are.

I am not afraid of you or of my grandfather. I will take you both on any day of the week and twice on Sunday. To belittle my father for my lifestyle is pathetic, cowardly and disgusting. Don’t you EVER, cast judgement on my dad. You would have some nerve to compare your fathering skills with his.

Know this: I will never stand by while you judge him in any fashion.

He is more man than you will ever be.

Sincerely,
Your loving niece

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home