Sunday, August 01, 2004

I Am a Bigot!!

Whut Whoo!

I have always wanted to be one... and this guy thinks I am.

My response below has been sent to the Tribune.

Before Chuck Keilman (Forum, Aug 1) starts calling me an ignorant bigot regarding my opinion about the LDS Church’s stance on same-sex marriages, perhaps he ought to "get informed" himself.

The LDS First Presidency issued a statement on July 7, 2004 in which it directly stated that the LDS church "favors a constitutional amendment preserving marriage as the lawful union of a man and a woman." This is easily found on the church’s website: www.lds.org.

Unfortunately, Chuck, you seem to be ill-informed about matters of your own Church and should do a little research before declaring someone a bigot.

Regardless, their statement crossed the line between guiding the members of their church in faith based matters as a non-profit organization and instead made a political statement in direct conflict with the regulations of the IRS. For this, they should not continue to receive non-profit status.

I am sorry if you feel my opinion was ill conceived. Perhaps you should take your concerns up with members of the First Presidency.

Connie A. Anast
Murray, Utah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home