Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Got the Word

from the Center Board. Looks like they are gonna pass this time, but never fear. I will apply again. It didn't help that two of the members on the selection committee are two women who are in my email group - and who I've had very heated debates over the Center with. I am sure that didn't help my chances.

Like I told my friend Steph, they simply aren't ready for ME!

After my letter was published yesterday, I've received many great responses. It is so nice to hear that kind of support. In my email group, someone posted this: "Connie, very articulate. That's the kind of editorial that makes me proud to be a member of this group of intelligent, pro-active women."

Even Lindi's Uncle called me to say, "I couldn't have said it better myself." He made me cry.

Yesterday, Lindi and I had the day off together so we spent it going out to breakfast and to a matinee of Brokeback Mountain. Yes, I cried. It was a wonderful movie.

Anyway, as we were sitting down, the crowd trickled in, and it was mostly 50 something and up - 90% women. Soon, it felt like we were sitting with the Relief Society! I was a little surprised, given the content of the movie.

So, the movie ended and we were gathering up our things. Through my obvious tears (I hate emotional movies) I hear a 70-something grandmotherly type say, "Why, it was just a love story. I don't know what the fuss is about."

I thought to myself, "Thank you." Just by her simple words I am reminded that even the older generations can be open to the fact that all of us - we are all Love Stories. And it really is as simple as that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home