Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Toni.... aka Quasimodo

Only Toni would blow out her calf muscle while walking across the street to go to the Autoshow. My love and thoughts are with you - and you better go to physical therapy unless you all want us to call you Quasi from now on.

As for me and mine, Sunday after work, we headed to the Auto Show (and took lots of pictures, just for you, Toni). Of course, wherever there was a convertible, there was Sarah. But now she knows just how expensive cars are. I may end up getting my PT Cruiser that I've always wanted, they aren't nearly as expensive as I thought! We then went over to Lindi parent's for dinner and home for the L word. MMMmmmmmm... lovely evening.

I felt the headaches coming on Sunday night and pushed them back.

Monday, Lindi and her mother and I went to Harmons case lot sale and stocked our pantry with mac n cheese, spaghettios, pasta, canned and frozen veggies, bottled water, canned fruit - you name it, we got it. Lindi and I then cleaned out our fridge, freezer and pantry to fit it all in our little house. Out with the old, in with the new!

The headaches started again, and I pushed them back even more.

Tuesday morning, I woke up with a raging migraine. I started throwing up at 7 am and didn't stop. Nothing would calm the headache or the nausea, and I still had to deliver dinner (homemade ham and lima beans) to my parents and Lindi's parents and go to the bank. I pushed the headache back and did the banking and running around I needed to do, and the only thing that stopped the nausea was a dollar fry and diet coke from McD's. It was the only thing that would stay down.

I got home, took a nausea pill and laid down while Sarah and Lindi got ready to go to the Jazz game. I stayed in my dark, cool and quiet room until about 7 pm and the migraine finally broke enough for me to eat some funeral potatoes and watch American Idol. I took another nausea pill and went to sleep about 10pm, woke up this morning with little red blotches all over my face from the violence of throwing up and feeling completely drained. Migraines always do that to me.

I need to go to the doctor and get back on my medication for migraines. I know it's because I am drinking more water than usual and it's not draining from my spinal chord and it's pushing on my optic nerve, so I will need to get on a water pill again. Yay. Peeing every hour is soooo fun. But if I want to keep working out, I have to.

I walked a lot this weekend, so I am going to take it really easy and stop the workouts until I talk to my dr. It's the sensible thing to do.

Hope all is well in your world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home