Friday, January 13, 2006

OH! My Back!

Now I know why you should only work out every other day. I walked 20 minutes on the treadmill Wednesday Lunch and After work and then yesterday Lunch and after work. Yesterdays workout was great - I walked .75 miles in 20 minutes compared to .50 miles on Wednesday - I really pushed it and I felt wonderful.

When I walked into the gym at lunch today, I started my routine and the pain started shooting down both legs. My sciatic nerves were TICKED OFF at me! I ended up with 11 minutes of a workout and I really don't think I am going to try again until Sunday - my coach/co-worker John told me to take a couple days off, but since I have Monday/Tuesdays off, that would mean 4 days of inactivity. I can't do that. So, Sunday it is... then I will work out Wed/Fri/Sunday as my schedule.

I am also going to the back doctor so I CAN work out better. Maybe get some exercises from him. This is the doctor who did Lindi's father's back surgery (which he is recovering from quite well...).

I tried the elliptical today. I hate it. It makes my legs move in a way they shouldn't ever move. Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home