Wednesday, June 20, 2007

El Paso

So, here's the thing. I have the opportunity to move to El Paso with my company. They are opening a new location and need people who are already engaged in their jobs to be there - kind of like mentors who already know the process. It would be permanent.

I want to go, and yet, I am still torn. I am about 75% at this point in favor of the move. And then I start thinking of everything I would need to have answered in my mind before I am at 100%. Do they pay a relocation package? What if I hate it and want to transfer back to SLC? Is there a pay grade change? Will a company come and move us or would be doing all the moving? Would they subsidize housing?

The answers will soon come.


Lindi says she's up for an adventure, but isn't sure about leaving her family just yet. I haven't broken the news to my parents. A bunch of my friends say they will miss me, but it might be a fun new chapter in my life. Sarah would probably stay here in SLC, so it would be just the two of us.

The cost of living is about 10% cheaper, and the housing market is better than SLC. The weather doesn't get as cold as Utah, and it's not as humid as southern Texas, since El Paso really is just across the border from New Mexico and isn't facing water. The warmer weather would be great for Lindi's arthritis.

I am still weighing the pros and cons. What do YOU think?

5 Comments:

  • I think it would be a wonderful opportunity for you and Lindi and it sounds like something you are VERY interested in doing. Keep your thoughts positive, let the company know how interested you are, put the energy out there, and things will work out for you.

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Lorene, At 12:41 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Toni, At 4:48 PM  

  • Ok Connie I removed the above comment because I couldn't type...
    Anyway, you should do it I think It would be a great opportunity for you. But watch out for the bunnies.

    By Blogger Toni, At 4:52 PM  

  • Connie...
    That is me above--
    Toni
    I still can't type.

    By Blogger Toni, At 4:52 PM  

  • One pro... you will be close enough to Roswell to go to the festival every year...

    By Blogger Toni, At 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home