Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year

My Holidays were nothing short of amazingly fun, laid back and thoroughly enjoyable. I was lucky enough to have Christmas Eve off, so I had a nice 4 day weekend to wrap up all of the projects I had going and take time with the people I love.

Lindi's Store Christmas party was on the 22nd, so we enjoyed an amazing buffet of American and traditional Mexican food. (Mole' anyone?) The next day, we had another McDonald's Manager and his wife over to play the Wii, since we had been talking about it. We're going to plan a cooking night were Lorena teaches me to cook mole' and tamales and Lindi will teach Lorena how she makes her enchiladas. And Jason will just sit back and have an amazing dinner. Slacker.

We spent our Christmas Eve with Lindi's family at her Aunts and Uncles house where we enjoyed her cousins amazing food and our niece's adventures with Christmas presents. The weather wasn't very enjoyable as it had just blanketed everything, but we made it there safe, and home safe. Sarah spent the night at our house, so we opened our Santa stockings and hung out until well after midnight. Santa was very, very good to me and gave me a beautiful white gold, sapphire and diamond ring, with matching pendant and earrings. Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

Christmas Day, we met at Lindi's mother's house and enjoyed our Sticky Bun Breakfast tradition, opened gifts, then headed to my parents house. We really had a great time with my family. We were all laid back and the presents were thoughtful and funny. We fell into bed pretty early, since both Lindi and I had to work the next day. I ended up with a screaming migraine from Friday through Saturday, but thanks to Lindi and lots of medication, I was ok.

In lieu of a New Years Party, we held our very first Wii Party with our closest friends on the Sunday before, since we can really only have a handful play at a time. Oh, my God, we had a total blast! Bowling and boxing and all sorts of mayhem. We're going to have to do it again very soon.

New Years was pretty uneventful, which it always is, since Lindi has to go into the store on New Years Day early to finish month-end. I spent my day installing and getting my new World of Warcraft account set up and playing online. Amazing graphics. I was so impressed! I'm going to have to be very, very careful about spending too much time on WOW and making Lindi a widow. That's okay, though, she bought 2 new Wii games, so we have our gaming nights together – but separate!

It's official, I am teaching the Excel classes! There are enough students and I got all my paperwork finished, including getting fingerprinted for the FBI – jeez! Now, I am arranging my lesson plans and activities to make sure I am organized. I am so thrilled and excited. My sister and her friend are taking the class, and Lindi can even sit in for free, so that's nice.

I also found out my adopted soldier made it home okay, (YAY!) so I will probably be adopting another soldier in the next couple of weeks. It has been so rewarding to do, I can't imagine not having a soldier-friend. soldiersangels.com/

Well, this update is pretty long, so I will leave it at this and just wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home