Thursday, May 23, 2002

On the Other Hand, June, 2002


I am disturbed. Completely. It seemed everything was going okay in my life. I was enjoying things, listening to music, generally enthralled with the world around me.

Then they popped up.

Oh, it was a slow process, all right. So slow, in fact, I imagine they are showing up everywhere, so quietly that no one really notices they’re around. One here, another there, not really a large burden and a bit fascinating for some.

“C’mere and try this, Marge,” I overheard one husband say to his wife. Oh, yes, my friend, try the "newest” trend. Get drawn into its’ stare, the humming sound, the ultimate in power.

Mechanical, metal… unforgiving. It is the horror… of…

*** TO READ THE REST OF THIS MONTH'S COLUMN, GO TO THE PENCILSTUBS WEBSITE JUNE 1ST!! ***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home