Monday, August 19, 2002

Shitty Day...


My Mom's best friend, and my surrogate Aunt Vi, passed away this morning. The Dad called me at work, and I knew something was wrong when The Dad calls work. I have known this woman my entire life, lived next door to her since I was 4, watched her slowly fade yet all the while hold such a strength of character that she outlived the doctors predictions by four years. The Mom is dazed and manic right now, cleaning everything in sight. She was the closest thing to a sister Mom ever had.

That's the magical three. Three friends gone in two months. I don't know how many Goddamned funerals I need to go through before it's enough. God is trying to teach me something, and I don't know what it is, but I am a fucking wreck. I can't take much more of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home