Thursday, December 11, 2003

All is Well in CT Land....

I went in for my CT scan last night at Jordan Valley - and oh what a wonderful experience THAT was... it was painful but I lived... barely. They made me lay down on the machine, no support under my knees, with my arms stretched above my head to get the proper angle of my spine. 45 minutes later, I had lived through the pain enough to tolerate it, and the test was finally finished. The tech came out and said "Ok, we're done." "Great," I replied, not moving one inch. He looked at me with a smart-ass glance and said, "You can get up now." "Fabulous," I said, rolling my eyes, "You wanna help me?" My back had totally frozen in place and he had to peel me off the CT table. Idiot.

I was able to take a Lortab when I got home and then we headed to the Porcupine Grill for Lindi's company dinner, which was really, really nice. I had Filet Mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and veggies, and she had Chicken Cordon Bleu. I also had half a glass of white wine with dinner. Bad, BAD mistake. It didn't hit me until after our Chocolate Porcupine dessert how SICK I was, and Lindi took me home and put me to bed. I shouldn't have gotten as sick as I did, but I am okay this morning. I am still stiff and sore but not nearly as bad as I have been in previous days.

I tried on all my Mary Kay makeup and I have to say, I picked some damn good colors. I am using eyeliner for the first time and it really looks good - and Michell-e tells me I do it well. The only thing I don't like is my lipstick - it's too light and orange on my skin, I'll have to get that replaced. I remember the color being different when I used to sell it - maybe it's changed.

So, the next few days should be interesting - we'll be baking cookies for a party on Saturday and I will be baking blueberry bread and cornbread as part of my homemade Christmas. We're also doing Sugar and Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I am going to be a baking fool!

I got two early Christmas Presents - Lindi gave me a Raggedy Ann doll she bought when she was 16. Raggedy Ann was my favorite when I was a little girl. I took her clothes, washed and pressed them and febreezed her... and she now has a prominant place under our Christmas Tree! And the second - I woke up this morning, got ready for work and went downstairs to find Ms. Kitty and Mr. Valentino in the living room, together, about a foot apart, enjoying each other's company WITHOUT hissing or spitting! Happy, happy day for the pet parents!

Drink of the Day: Diet Coke

CD on the Playa: "Lindi & Connie... The Soundtrack." Our Wedding CD with various love songs to make my heart melt...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home