Monday, December 22, 2003

Christmas is Coming…

And the parties all begin! Goodness, I don’t know what to do with myself lately. I have such good intentions, I really do. I intend on a homemade Christmas, but just can’t seem to find the time or the motivation. Friday, I came home with all the zest I could, wanting to bake all my cookies and cakes, but only ended up baking some cookies and going to bed. I didn’t even get to Christmas Cards this year… Gawd, I suck…

Saturday was wonderful, though, I was able to treat Jennifer to a pre-birthday lunch and an afternoon of just hanging out at my place, then off with Lindi and Sarah to the Family Christmas party. I don’t know if I told you about it last year, but it’s quite fun… each of Lindi’s Uncles and her Aunt live just off of 39th South, starting in Magna and working their way through to Murray. So, Starting with Magna (Uncle Mike), we spend 30-minutes at each house, enjoying different foods from appetizers to chili to desert as the night progresses, ending with Lindi’s parents in Murray. It’s five houses and all night long. Next year, I told Lindi I would drive so she could enjoy a cocktail at each house like some of the other grandkids were doing. Sunday was a lazy morning, followed by a movie and dinner at her mom’s house, then more baking in the evening…

My back is okay, still painful, but yesterday was the first day I was able to get through a 24-hour period without any type of medication. I am not sure if today will be the same, but so far so good. I am hoping the worst of it is over, until I go to the spine center… then Gawd help me!

And the death toll continues… two more co-workers lost family members – a mother and a nephew… This is getting really bad…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home