Friday, March 05, 2004

Friday Five


What was...

1. ...your first grade teacher's name?
Ms. Jan Van Frank. I loved Ms. Van Frank. When my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, and had a double mastectomy, it was Ms. Van Frank who was there for me. She actually took the time to talk to my whole class about cancer and hospitals and what my family was going through. We made my mother a huge card and my Dad took it to the hospital for my mother. I actually called her when I began college to tell her the profound impact she had on my life, and that she was the reason I wanted to be a teacher. She actually remembered me and asked how my mother was doing. She is an incredible human being and someone I will treasure for having known in my life.

2. ...your favorite Saturday morning cartoon? I don't really remember, but I liked Archie and Jugg-head a lot.

3. ...the name of your very first best friend? I think it was Jana, Toni and Jenny. We all were best friends in the neighborhood.

4. ...your favorite breakfast cereal? Back then, it was Rice Krispies, Cocoa Krispies and Cookie Crisp.

5. ...your favorite thing to do after school? Maul my cat, Morris. It's still my favorite thing to do. No, not maul Morris. He's dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home