Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Still SOOO Much to Do!


Plans for the trip are coming along nicely. Bills are paid. Prescriptions are filled. Bags are (semi) packed. House sitters are arranged. Guest-bloggers are invited. Sarah leaves tomorrow for the drive up with the Grandparents, so Lindi and I will make the flight to Seattle and the drive to Vancouver on our own.

I am nervous, but very excited. This is the first major trip I have taken since 1997 when I traveled to Boston, Seattle and LA after winning that radio contest. My health has fluctuated since then and I am concerned, but certainly not enough to worry too much about it. I have medication, and if all I do is relax on the ship – so be it. There’s nothing that says I have to go into any port.

Besides, I am looking at this as a belated honeymoon for Lindi and I. Yes, the child will be there, but we don’t mind.

I am rather surprised at this very moment to be able to say Lindi and I have been married 10 months and been together as a couple for over 2 years. It seems this time has simply flown by. Don’t get me wrong, we have had our share of problems, but I still know in the back of my mind that Lindi is there for me and that the love we share isn’t found just anywhere.

I suppose most of you have heard the latest about the Lori Hacking case… if not, the Tribune has a good article on it. Makes me sick. Seriously.

Oh, and for those of you who doubted John Kerry’s bravery in the battlefield, (Geoffrey) here’s a copy of his Bronze Star Recommendation. I think it speaks for itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home