Thursday, June 28, 2007

You're Stuck with Me

Well, the offer was made, and I politely declined. So, we won't be moving to El Paso anytime soon. I was up for the adventure but I know that the Goddess puts me right where I need to be and where others need me to be. I have made myself a little roadmap of things I want to learn and accomplish at my job and I am slowly picking away each month. There is room to grown, why shouldn't I grow too?

It's amazing how much information is out there. When I sat down and started looking, I have tons of online courses available to me - the topics are not all related to my current position either. And they are free. Oh, yeah, I am taking some classes, baby.

The C&T wedding plans are going well. My dress is at the seamstress now and should be completed this week. I am halfway through making the 220 Koufeta (Almond Favors) and will be picking up the supplies to make 150 servings of baklava tomorrow. The gentleman who was going to do the decorations for the wedding passed away on Monday. It's been an emotional rollercoaster for the Bride and Groom. I couldn't imagine dealing with a death so close to your wedding, so we are stepping up and helping wherever we can.

Sarah has decided to spread her wings a little and move into her Grandmother's basement. While it's not really her own apartment, it will be her own "space" where she comes and goes as she pleases and such. I am excited for her to develop a little more independence, although she is already a pretty independent girl. We will paint her room and put our computer desk in there to give us a little more room in the bedroom and probably a table for our crafting stuff. It will be nice to have a little more room for the two of us.

Now, before you get mad, of course we will miss her. But she's literally 3 minutes up the road. I am sure Lindi will have a bit of empty nest syndrome. I will just have to throw a few parties and get her a couple of hobbies and I am sure that will help.

And the pic of the day, courtesy of stuffonmycat.com:



Yes, this is how I feel today. Pretty much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home