Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Oh, Gawd, ANYTHING but THAT...


So, I bought about $250 worth of clothes a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say, I have been looking pretty stylin' lately. I am pleased with my purchases, which included this pretty spring tunic in Rose.

As I am walking around, I am getting compliments (which I have been used to since I am wearing all my new clothes). It's been really nice.

Until...

"Wow! You look really pretty in pink. That's your color!"

No, she di'nt. She di'nt just say I look pretty in pink. Flashbacks of Molly Ringwald ran through my head and I started getting dizzy. Am I in a John Hughes 80's flick? It's not pink, it's rose. ROSE, I tell you! Different color entirely! Gawd, help me...

For those of you who have seen the room I grew up in, you would understand my aversion to anything pink. All the walls were pink, in differing shades from pastel to Pepto Bismol. The carpet, too, was also pink patch shag. It was great when I was four. As I grew older, it made me naseated. This aversion has continued in later life, although I am venturing closer to it than I used to. I have 2 shirts in the "rose" family now. I am progressing.

I think I need an Excedrin Migraine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home