Monday, May 10, 2004

What a Wonderful World...


This weekend was wonderful and I am paying the consquences of it, that's for damn sure.

Friday was a fun day for me, both Lorene and Tre got their random gifts (although Tre's was supposed to be there an entire week before hand!). Lorene was the victim of G-fry's mother's basket company - who, by the way, did an outstanding job for a very reasonable price. Tre was gifted with The Best of Keith Sweat... and enjoyed it considerably all weekend, I am told. She even enjoyed it enough to burn her mother a copy of it! Damn... maybe she'll burn me a copy since I don't even have it!

Saturday began with a phone call with Tre, then lunch with Lindi and on to shopping for the mothers. For my Mom, I bought her a cleaning pail FULL of supplies, like Pinesol, 409 wipes, Swiffer Dusters, Windex, a new disposible toilet brush, etc. The running joke in our family is that since she got her eyes fixed, she can see all the dirt in her house - and I am in trouble for it. So, I included a Gift Certificate good for 3 hours of housecleaning.

I also ran to the grovery store and went shopping for My Mom's brunch and Lindi's Mom's BBQ on Sunday.

Sunday Morning began with breakfast in bed from Sarah, and presents for Lindi, then packing up the car to run to my Mom's house to fix scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns and orange juice for everyone. She loved her cleaning supplies (she giggled and hugged me tight - what a Virgo she is), although She was too busy playing with her Swiffer dusters to even pay attention to the fact that free housecleaning was thrown in! My sister gave her a beautiful musical playing bear, some smellies and a miniture sewing kit that wasn't so miniature.

We then ran home, dropped off stuff, picked up stuff and ran to Lindi's brother's house for her Mom's BBQ. Bill and Beth gave her Mom a card that said, "Grandma... blah blah blah... from Bill, Beth and January 3, 2005." It took her a couple of seconds, but then she got it - BETH IS PREGNANT! We are soo excited, we can't stand it. Beth isn't feeling well, but I am sure that will start to chnge, and I know they will be wonderful parents. Lindi is excited to have a baby around the family now, and Sarah is getting used to the idea that she won't be the only grandchild anymore. I gave Lindi's mom a topiary, Lindi gave her a beautiful earring and bracelet set, and Sarah gave her a canlde from Gold Canyon that she was able to make the label and personalized it just for her. (She also made one for my mom, and my mom was thrilled. She burned it right away) We had filets wrapped in bacon, pasta salad, green salad, baked potatoes and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

We got home and cleaned the house and I fell into bed in some pain. I woke up this morning and I couldn't move without shooting pain going down both legs. I called in and talked with my new boss, and she was very gracious about letting me say home, so I took my meds and went back to bed.

If I hurt this bad just from running around, I have a strange feeling that physical therapy will make me hurt worse. Surgery is starting to look pretty good. Maybe they can do a breast reduction while I am under...

Oh, and by the way WE ARE GOING TO BE AUNTS!!

I'm a little excited.

You Are a Peppermint Cappuccino

You're fun, outgoing, and you love to try anything new.
However, you tend to have strong opinions on what you like.
You are a total girly girly at heart - and prefer your coffee with good conversation. You're the type that seems complex to outsiders, but in reality, you are easy to please.
What Kind Of Coffee Are You? Take This Quiz :-)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home