Tuesday, October 05, 2004

AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Okay, so I am frustrated.

I play by the rules. I usually don’t get uptight about internal policies and procedures. I come in, do my job, and go about my life.

As you all know, I was very ill last week. Unfortunately, I ran out of paid sick time in the process. I could have come back a day early and saved myself a few hours, but my lovely doctor refused to release me for work. So, as a result, I received a verbal warning for using all of my sick time.

We qualify for bonuses based on how much money we collect as a department. We usually hit a $50 bonus every month, and we’ve been doing pretty well – well enough to receive $100 and $150 bonuses. But alas, since I received a verbal warning, I do not receive the extra $100 everyone else gets.

Don’t take into the fact that it was my highest collection month ever, that I was personally responsible for bringing in $34,000 of dead money – money that would have never been recovered.

It’s okay. We all have to adhere to standards and I know policies are there for a reason. But, Dammnnn, Gina! It really doesn’t feel fair. Maybe because it was out of my control. That’s it.

We are putting together a breakfast fundraiser here at work, and my lovely Lindi’s McDonald’s is sponsoring the event by donating food and allowing us to purchase some other food items at cost. It’s going to be a wonderful event and I am hoping to raise even more money for the Huntsman Cancer Institute.

CONGRATULATIONS TO DEE who is now a new homeowner! Wonderful, wonderful!!

Tre, GET WELL SOON! Glad we got to chat yesterday – Saturday mornings are on, now, baby. Can’t wait for your blog to be back up.

Tubbs: marry me, let’s have babies. Maybe we can live in a commune with the guys from QW and G-fry. Now that would be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home