Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Why I love Maine from QW

excerpt from Quietwaterweb.com...

"...check this blog out.

She's talking about a huge billboard, right here in Richmond, VA that I've driven by at least 700 times now. This organization has erected a billboard encouraging gays to repent, reform and work on being un-gay. It's awesome. You're driving along the highway and look up at this billboard and, suddenly, you think you're driving through a movie set, because there's no way you're actually seeing that in real life. Right?

Rachel:"That can't be real, can it? Tell me that's some kind of unfunny joke!"
Me: "Welcome to Virginia."
Rachel: "Do they really think that a gay person chooses to be gay? That they can just turn the gay off when its convenient?"
Me: "Hey, it worked for Julian on The Shield, right? And TV always tells the truth."

Well, you know what? That poster has inspired me. If gays can convert from gay to un-gay, I'm going to convert to a 7 foot tall Brazilian dude with awesome hair and a 15 inch penis. And you know what else? I think I'm going to go ahead and grow a third arm. I'm not going to let society tell me that I have to accept the two arms I was given. I can change, damn it, and I will.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go convert my two cats into professional basketball coaches."


I am so relieved to know that these people think that my struggle for equal access to health benefits and inheritance rights for my partner and I are "special" rights.

These people make me ill. Much like sistertalk, I agree it's so easy for these people, who were probably choosing to be gay in the first place, can jump the fence, be accepted by the mainstream for their so-called courage and then spit on the rest of us who didn't choose this lifestyle to begin with.

Makes me ill, I tell ya. Ignorance always makes me ill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home