Monday, November 29, 2004

We Got through Thanksgiving..

We survived, even though I am not sure how we did.

Thursday went off without a hitch. Lindi’s Mom lured her guests to her house early with talk of a “Cocktail Hour”, and was able to start her Thanksgiving early. She made sure her ovens were available so I could start warming my green bean casserole and candied yams for my Mom’s house while I spent time with the in-laws. I was able to sit and eat a small meal with them for an hour before running to my Mom’s to set up their dinner – and Lindi and Sarah made it there by Family Prayer. I was very grateful it all worked out.

Friday began at 4:20 am with the traditional Early Morning Shopping for the three of us. We were able to get about 70% of our shopping done, which is a great relief. We shopped until about 1:00 pm, and napped, then enjoyed another Thanksgiving dinner with our neighbors. They decided they didn’t get enough leftovers so they wanted to cook a turkey, I made candied yams and 2 pumpkin pies and we feasted again with mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing and – get this – rutabaga. (Have you ever had rutabaga? Very interesting.) 3 turkey dinners in 2 days. Happy, happy.

Saturday and Sunday, Lindi and Sarah had to work, so I was left alone to go running around, errands, projects, resting and relaxing. It was nice, but by Sunday, I was quite depressed and lonely. My lovely Lindi brought home flowers, chocolates and a beautiful card to lift my spirits, which just made me cry more, but smile, too. I am blessed.

Scott is now on his way to Kuwait. His brother gave me his address, which I have put on the right sidebar. Please drop him a line, card, package for Christmas. Mail means a lot to our troops, especially during this time of year.

And how was YOUR weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home