Friday, September 02, 2005

Can't Feel My Feet...Gotta Keep Moving...

I don’t know what to say. These past two weeks have been absolutely insane. I can’t remember the last time I felt so out of control in my life. Let me give you the run down…

  • Last Thursday: friend #1 is taken to the U hospital where she stays for 4 days

  • Last Friday: Friend #2 is taken in for surgery, comes out okay, thank the Goddess

  • Saturday: Friend #3 goes into the hospital with an punctured appendix. She is still in there as of today, receiving blood transfusions and antibiotics. She won’t be released for another 3 days at the least. She lost her job and has to withdrawal from her College courses. It breaks my heart.

  • Sunday: Friend #4 enters LDS hospital, inpatient, for detox, again.

  • Wednesday: Mom has an echo on her heart, her mitro valve is failing, she is scheduled for another test on September 8th to determine if she will need open heart surgery with a valve replacement or another type of surgery.

  • Wednsday: Friend #4 leaves rehab, proceeds to drive to the nearest bar and get drunk. Her partner calls me, devastated, and we talk it through.

  • Thursday: Friend #4 looses her ever lovin’ mind and decides she is going to move away again because she can’t handle being sober. Whatev.

    Plus, during all of this, Katrina pounds the crap outta New Orleans and I am worried as hell about Tubbs. I can’t even imagine what she is going through. I wish there were a way to get her on a cargo plane that’s coming back to Utah. She could stay with me. I would get her a job at eBay. It would be awesome-o.

    It is all I can do just to take it day by day and roll with it. I am grateful I can be there for my friends when they need me, but I am feeling really thin. I am grateful for the couple of friends who called just to “check in” on me… I guess since I am not updating my blog regularly, it’s hard to know what’s going on in my life!

    Luckily for me, I get a four-day weekend since I am converting to my new schedule of having Monday/Tuesday off. Lindi is taking me to Wendover to celebrate my b-day early, since I have to work on my birthday – just a couples getaway. That sounds perfect to me. I don’t even want a party this year. I am so overwhelmed, I could scream.

    Let’s pray things get better. I don’t know if I can handle anything more.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



    << Home