Friday, December 26, 2003

Friday Five!!


1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year?
I think my biggest accomplishments surrounded my wedding, leaving a job I hated, finding a job I love, and making a home with an exceptional woman who I am blessed to love and support.

2. What was your biggest disappointment?
That my father couldn’t walk me down the aisle and my mother couldn’t see me get married.

3. What do you hope the new year brings?
I hope for a moderate amount of financial success that will lead us to a new home, for my sister to get pregnant or adopt a baby, for my mother and father to be healthier, and for all of my friends continued success…

4. Will you be making any New Year's resolutions? If yes, what will they be?
Every day is the beginning of a New Year when you look at it, so I make resolutions each morning… if I get them accomplished, I am in a better place each day!

5. What are your plans for New Year's Eve?
Nothing in particular, but I definitely want a KISS!

Happy Freakin' Day After Christmas!!

Yes, I am working, but at least I am working with the poeple I enjoy working with! All the whiners are at home, whining over something else.

My Christmas was blessed and we were totally spoiled!

Christmas Eve, I started out at my parents, celebrating with my niece Sarah and the rest of the family. We were there primarily for Sarah, so we spoiled her, laughed and I left at about 9:30. I rushed home and got the house ready, then traveled to Lindi's Uncle's house to celebrate with them until after midnight. We played Scattergories and ate wonderful toffee from this little shop off of 9th and 9th... Lindi's Uncle is really a funny guy, a quite the host. Lindi's cousin Mike brought his baby, a greyhound that he rescued, and beside the fact that she's skinnier than anything, she is really adorable. That's something I've not gotten quite used to on an animal, the ones that are healthy when they are thin. She weighs all of 61 pounds.

When we left Tom and Carol's house, we had "our" Christmas at the house with just the three of us. Sarah came home to ONLY a stocking and a note from Santa, telling her that, although she's been a good girl, she's had some close calls, so he hid all of her presents and she had to follow clues to get them... which she did, and quite enjoyed! 10 clues - 10 presents hidden in the freezer, fridge, laundry room, pantry, linen closet... Her reward was a DVD/CD player of her very own... we all were very, very blessed, and finally went to sleep at 1:30am.

We woke up at 6:30 am (can you say 5 hours sleep!) to get to Lindi's parent's, where Sarah and Grandma went to church while Lindi, me and her father cooked breakfast, then, after they returned, spent close to 3 hours after breakfast openeing presents and visiting... then off to Sarah's father's parents house, where Sarah actually had some time with her father, playing air hockey, while we talked to his parents... then off to my parents house for ANOTHER 3 hours opening presents. Lindi was rewarded for all HER patience with a brand new HP photo-printer as her "whammy" present! My mother got a beautiful diamond and sapphire ring, earrings and watch as her whammy from my dad, and a telescope as her whammy from her kids! She cried more than I can ever remember. My father got a gorgeous smoky quartz ring... and a talking tie pressure gauge - don't ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home