Wednesday, November 27, 2002

Happy Wednesday!!


I am such a happy camper today. Last night, I moved the armoire' from G's aunt's place, checked the last 3 boxes in the basement (not mine), and took the last of my clothes. Thanks to Lisa & D'Ann for coming to my rescue and helping me move that blasted thing. The only thing I have left to do is go through files in the filing cabinet, but I will wait to do that after Thanksgiving. My car is packed with boxes to take to the storage unit after work... and I still have some boxes from the house to put in there to de-clutter and I will be done. Done. Unbelievable. I can't imagine what my life will be like when things are settled. Time to write emails and letters, just drop by and say Hi to my friends... it's going to be heaven on earth!

To make things easier on my Mom this year, I ordered our T-day dinner from Marie Callender's. Feed 10 people for $80 bucks? Hell, yeah! I pick up our Thanksgiving Feast from Marie Callender's at 7:00:
Whole 12 lb. Turkey
Apple Sage dressing
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Sweet-Potato Casserole
Mixed Veggies
Cranberry Sauce
Cornbread and Honey butter
Apple Pie, Pecan Pie and Apple Cranberry pie.

In addition to this, my sister is bringing a veggie tray, deviled eggs and pumpkin pie, and I am making green bean casserole, a baked ham and our traditional sweet poatoes (just in case theirs aren't any good!) I am thinking we are gonna have food for DAYS. It's going to be me, my sister and her husband, my parents and *possibly* my Grandfather and his companion and my uncle Jon and his wife, althought the four of them might just go out for dinner. Lin and Sarah are doing the family thing, but my father made a point of telling her this morning (he stopped by her work) that they are more than welcome to come over, even afterward, and watch football and eat pie.

I think my Dad likes Lindi and is conflicted about that. He's not supposed to, after all, she is the "woman" in my life and by accepting her, he somehow validates my sexuality. He's working it out in his own little ways. Last night was hilarious, though. Picture it: 3 dykey-lesbians in my kitchen and my dad didn't even flinch. They chatted about cars and tattoos, even took them downstairs to see his curio cabinet full of the things he collects. He's come a long way! I am proud of him.

And, to clear the record, I am NOT stalking Jeffie's sperm. If I were to choose a sperm donor, I would hope he would be of the same caliber, intelligence, integrity, wit and charm as Jeff, but this does NOT mean I am stalking his little soldiers... although.... *chuckle*

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I am thankful for you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home