Friday, November 01, 2002

New Day and Thanks to the Goddess


Last night was interesting, difficult and a blessing, all rolled into one. I guess you could have forseen that by my last entry. I am doing incredibly well today, and I think it has a lot to do with Lorene and her spells for the new year.

We gathered at Lin's house and were watching movies, handing out candy to the 7 trick or treaters who braved the icy cold and wind to adventure out. Chucky and Sandra Bullock were on the menu, as well as popcorn and all the Tootsie Rolls you could handle!

As we were settling into the second movie, I looked over at Lindi as a look of death crossed her face. I asked her what was the matter, and she whispered something to the effect that the little boy had his hands all over her little girl. Of course, the first thing I wanted to do was jump up and kill the bastard, but Lindi said it had stopped because Sarah knew they had been caught.

A little whispered encouragement (to prevent a homicide) and an hour passed and we ended up taking the boy home. Lindi was out of her mind with anger, and didn't know what to do. I asked her if she wanted to me start the conversation, to get it rolling, since she was afraid of saying something that she would regret. She said yes. I quickly closed my eyes and said a prayer to God, Lorene's Goddess, ANY HIGHER POWER, to bring the right words to my mouth.

And, amazingly, they came out.

Suddenly, I felt calm and clear, wise and concerned. I didn't preach, I didn't rant, I simply asked her what she felt was going on in her relationship and let it progress from there. It was odd, I already knew she felt disrespected by the boy, that she felt... oh, how did she put it... like a "cheap skank"... and that she was hurt that he had tried to make a move, let alone in front of her Mom and me. I held her hand all the way home as she came to the very mature decision, on her own, to break up with the boy... if he respects her, he will want to be her friend, and if he doesn't, then he can hit the road.

We got home and hugged and laughed and cried with her and she went to bed knowing that she was loved and how proud we are of her and the decision she came to. Lindi walked me to my car and told me that she's not sure how I did it, but everything came out perfectly and hugged me tight with great thanks.

Hell, I know who to give the credit to.

Thanks, Yogi. I appreciate the energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home